Sunday, June 6, 2010

15 Weeks



These past 2 weeks have gone pretty well. The weather is finally picking up and I don't greet each day with the thought "why do I living in this wet and cold city?" My energy level has really picked up. For the first week ever this quarter I was able to get my homework done early, and that felt great.

I got a lot of baby related tasks accomplished these past 2 weeks as well. I realized I hadn't made a choice about what hospital I wanted to give birth at but was simply going with Swedish because that is where my OB-GYN delivers at. After hearing so many stories about how different a birth experience can be in one hospital versus another, I decided I needed to make an informed decision. First, I reviewed c-section rates, not costs, but % of women who had to get them. I was really surprised to see that some hospitals in the region had rates over 40% whereas others had rates in the low 20's. After reviewing the rates and the hospital websites, I decided we want to choose a hospital nearby in the city. Now I have tours scheduled at Swedish first hill, Northwest, and UW Medical Center. I'm actually excited to go on the tours. Also, there may be a way to go to Group Health, which is my number 1 preference. They have a different model of care which produces great outcomes and really low c-section rates for women. After we decided which hospital we are going with, it will be time to sign up for the various baby classes. Neil and I have a lot to learn.

The other big thing we did these past 2 weeks was take my niece, Brandi, to see my Mom in Yakima to celebrate her birthday. We had a good time and the weather was great yesterday. For dinner, we went to the Black Angus. The food was pretty good. Also, it was nice to see Brandi who I haven't been able to spend much time with in the past couple of years. We even got to see Beth, Eric, and Gunner, which was nice. I can't believe Gunner is 4, he's growing so fast. Napoleon had fun playing in Mom's big backyard and chasing tucker, Mom's weiner dog. I have to admit I'm pretty exhausted from the trip. I'm looking forward to a quiet week at home.

Here's the stats for this week:

Here are my pregnancy stats:
How far along? 15 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: +2 lbs.
Maternity clothes? The weather won't get sunny so now I'm thinking I'll have to get some warmer maternity clothes. My mom gave me a snuggy in Yakima this weekend. She told me I could wear it when nothing else fits. LOL.
Sleep: OK, I'm starting to feel "funny" sleeping on my belly but I can still do it.
Best moment this week: Going jogging this week and seeing some sun.
Movement: way too early for that.
Labor signs: still too earnly.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: long hikes.
What I am looking forward to: Decorating the nursery.
This Week:  BabyFetus Ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment