Tuesday, July 6, 2010

18 Weeks!









The past few weeks have been quite exciting. We found out that we are having a boy on Thursday. No names have been decided on yet but we are strongly leaning towards the name Calvin William. If we go with that name, we'll probably call him "Cal" for short. Neil really likes that name and I think it's great.

Friday we had our friends and family over for a gender reveal party. Everyone had a great time. We were going to order cupcakes filled with blue pudding from a bakery but they wanted $45! So we decided to get creative and fill our own cupcakes. I love how budgets force you to be creative. It was really easy- we just cut a hole in the center, added the filling, and frosted over the top.



So far I am loving the 2nd trimester. Finally, I have energy again. Of course, my wonderful midwife also told me that I"m low on Vitamin D, so the supplement I've been taking might be helping too. On Tuesday, Napoleon and I power-walked green lake, which is a feat that I have not been able to accomplish for months due to low energy. Hopefully I'll feel this way for the remainder of the pregnancy!!

Mary, my wonderful little sister, took Neil and I to Baby's R Us on Monday and walked us through the registry process. Not suprisingly, Baby's R Us says that you "need" 100's of expensive items. Thankfully, Mary was able to show us what we really need. Despite our protests that we didn't want colorful plastic in our homes, we found ourselves registering for lots of colorful plastic items. Apparently, the "My little lamb" rocker is a must. Given the number of times I've seen Caleb lulled to sleep by it, I'd have to agree. Then there is the tummy time gym, the port-a-crib, the basinett so that he can sleep next to us for the first few months, the crib, dresser, changing pad, car seat....anyway...I never realized how much gear you need. It is a little overwhelming but also quite fun.

Stay tuned for the next baby update. I'm trying to send these out once every 2 weeks which means I'm already due for my 20 week update! I'll try to get it out this Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates Carrie! I love reading them! So are you going for natural birth (I noticed you mentioned a midwife) or are you having a hospital birth? My sis gave birth last night, al natural, and she did SO amazing!!! My little niece is perfect in every way! I'm lookin forward to picking my sis' brain to see if she'd do it the same way again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Christianna,
    I'm so glad everything worked well for your sister. I can't wait to here all about it. Are you going to be at CG tomorrow? To answer your question, yes, the plan is a home birth with midwives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's great! After watching my sis go through natural birth I can see the benefits--it seemed like such a peaceful experience... We were unable to make it to CG last week, but plan to be there for golden gardens this week :)

    ReplyDelete