
Hey everyone!! I finally updated my baby blog. (I really want to do this every 2 weeks.)
Here is my 21 week picture from Wednesday night when we were at Golden Gardens in Ballard. I'm standing next to my new found friend Brittany and her lovely poodle Sylvia. Napoleon and Sylvia are good friends! It's so nice when Napoleon finds another playful little dog. I could go on and on about what a cute dog Sylvia is but I'll spare you the details.
The last 3 weeks have been hectic which is one reason why I haven't been as good with getting the blog updated. Summer quarter is a little nuts because there are 12 weeks of homework crammed into 8 weeks. This means more time alone at home in front of the computer and less time going out and about with friends. Oh well, at least I'll get a nice long break between mid-August and the end of September.
I'm getting to the point where strangers will comment on my pregnancy. This is a huge relief for me! One of my biggest fears was that, being overweight when I got pregnant, that people wouldn't think I was pregnant, just really fat. Thankfully this is not the case and I have a nice bump that I am quite proud of.
Despite the homework, I"ve managed to get quite a bit done baby wise. My Baby's R Us registry is pretty much complete. Now I'm thinking about nursery decor.
Here is one scheme that I am considering:
I like the white furniture and I think we are definitely going to go with white. Neil's parents graciously offered to buy us a crib which is a huge gift and we are very thankful. We'll probably try to find used coordinating furniture on Craig's List. Neil has mad handyman skills and can make anything look as good as new.
As far as the paint colors go, I really like the colorful wall with the multiple squares of color. We might go this route. However, I'm also considering a more simple nursery with a beige wall, white furniture, and some monkey decor. Kind of like what is below but with monkeys.
What do you think? Any decorating thoughts or advice are much appreciated!
Here are my stats below. (By the way, the fruit/vegetable baby chart always cracks me up, how is it possible that baby was a cantaloupe last week but a banana this week?)
How far along? 21 weeks, 1 days
Total weight gain: +6.5 lbs.
Maternity clothes? We found a lot of good stuff at Ross. For only $40.00 we bought 3 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts. I've already outgrown my new bras and am not buying new ones because I can't fit into anything in the store. Something about having to special order bras online makes me feel like a freak so I'm holding off.
Sleep: Ugh, it still is not great especially with the cold. I wake up every 3 hours. Maybe it is just my body's way of preparing me for motherhood. The good thing is I can sleep in late into the morning and that helps a lot.
Best moment this week:
Movement: Yes, he is really active at night. It is like an all night disco party in there!
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Still going to say cold beer. I've had a few sips of Neil's beers at parties but every time I've done it the conversation immediately turn to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome so I've stopped sampling his beer. (FYI- those spoiled Western European women not only get 2 years paid maternity leave, they are allowed 1 alcoholic beverage a day!)
What I am looking forward to: Holding a healthy, happy baby boy in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment